Welcome to my blog.

This blog shares my creative journey of sewing, creating, nursing and just being me - mother, wife and individual. I hope I inspire, motivate or make you smile. Enjoy



Sunday 24 August 2014

Almost done

I feel like I've been saying almost done for months! Both girls have had their first competitions and at the next they add 2 new items. So yes more costumes and headgear. 
Today I am going to share with you my favorite product. It does change from time to time, but for now this one has made my life so much easier. When sewing sequins on, you do a single or double line, or you may be required to stitch them over a motif to create an item, like flowers. Miss Ms club costume required the later. 
We had to cut the motif into little pieces and pin down while embellishing with sequins. The difficult part is your thread getting tangled and knotted on your pins. I find this extremely frustrating and it slows me down heaps. 
I quickly thought, I need glue. Some glues leave a residue, some change the fabric colour and others just don't work on Lycra. My brainwave was to use my appliqué stick. This glue pen is made by SewLine, and I love it. 
A little dab on the back of the motif and it stuck to the Lycra beautifully. Even when I stretched the leotard over the body board they remained glued. 
This ment I could stitch the sequins on without the pins. Awesome. No tangled cotton and quick completion. 
I loved that the glue dried clear, it left no residue on the leotard or the needle when sewing sequins and it did not change the texture or stretch of the fabric. Marvelous stuff. Now I need one for my appliqué bag and costume bag!! It was also a dream with the headgear. 
All complete and worn. Well done girls for second place in your clubs item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment