Welcome to my blog.

This blog shares my creative journey of sewing, creating, nursing and just being me - mother, wife and individual. I hope I inspire, motivate or make you smile. Enjoy



Sunday 29 May 2011

A Productive Weekend

It has been a wonderful weekend. I am so greatful that my girls can create games and entertainment for themselves while I madly work at my sewing table. On Saturday I completed Mr bumps body and legs, Charlotte looks so adorable. You will have to wait for the head to be compete before I show you a picture, sorry. Then I overlocked my way through the puppet shorts. Come Sunday afternoon all 7 puppet shorts are sewn together and have a waiste band, now to put in the elastic and attach the braces.
The rest of my Sunday was consumed with completing my Sew Weekly challenge - to embellish. I created a skirt using Simplicity pattern 2345 with some heavy cotton I had it my stash of bag fabrics. Then I did the Carolyn Sharkey textile technique and embellished a panel down the front. The skirt fits perfect and looks great. Just need a long sleeve top and then I can wear to work. Yeah.
Have an awesome week. Love Meagy.

No comments:

Post a Comment