Welcome to my blog.

This blog shares my creative journey of sewing, creating, nursing and just being me - mother, wife and individual. I hope I inspire, motivate or make you smile. Enjoy



Thursday 19 February 2015

Summer Fun

Having finished the summer break and the girls have been back at school for 3weeks. So what have I been upto? Firstly I must share my excitement about some house renovations ☺️. I am very blessed to have a large "play room" at the end of my house. It has always been used for playing; barbies, lego, dressups and the like. As the kids have grown older, my craft stash has also grown. It was all over the floor amongst the tressle tables. Over the break Mr C built some cupboards along the side wall. Then my brother came and hung the doors. It looks awesome. I have one section for scrapbooking, another bigger section for sewing and a third section for off the page. The playroom / creative space looks awesome. Thank you boys. 




Once my space was sorted I decided to make a bear. This is Jester the bear. I made him at Bear Essence in Tooradin. The tutor was Marnie, she specializes in sculpting and painting of bears. I learnt so much!! I thought I had stuffed him good but No, he needed so much more. The more I poked in, the more stuffing that went in! It seemed endless. I plucked his nose so it could be painted and then dyed with Persian  essence. His nose was made with sculpty that was moulded on over a bead I had stitched in place. Once cooked I painted it with nail polish. We also used paint to shade the eyes and ears. He has turned out amazing. I love him. And how good does he look sitting next to the old music box. 

Take care everyone. Ta Meagan 

No comments:

Post a Comment